UBA Project “Support to Judicial Reform. Establishment of Public Council of Integrity”.
Public Council of Integrity - a completely new judicial institution for Ukraine with no analogues in Europe so far. It is expected to become an important public tool in the evaluation of the qualification of judges. That is why the process of its establishment should be transparent and available for public.
The Ukrainian Bar Association (UBA) Project “Establishment of Public Council of Integrity” was launched in September 2016 for the purpose of providing informational support to the process of its establishment and ensuring active involvement of the legal community in its activities as members.
- Ensuring maximum transparency of the Public Council of Integrity provided by the Law of Ukraine "On the Judiciary and Status of Judges";
- Development of high-quality regulatory framework (by-laws) of its activities pursuant to the Law, analysis and compliance with the international recommendations and standards;
- Complete and reliable public information about the status of the Council, its mandate and role in the implementation of the judicial reform in Ukraine;
- Facilitating a public discussion of key aspects of the process of formation and future performance of the Public Council of Integrity with the involvement of experts both local and international.
- Ensuring transparency in the formation of the Public Council of Integrity;
- Raising awareness of the public and legal community in particular about the activities, powers and the role of the Public Council of Integrity;
- Facilitating the implementation on of the judicial reform in Ukraine.
Experts of the Project:
Denys Bugay, UBA President, Partner at VP PARTNERS;
Nikita Nuralin, National Expert of the EU Project “Support to Justice Sector Reforms in Ukraine”, attorney at VB PARTNERS;
Yaryna Udala, UBA GR Manager, National Expert of the EU-funded Project “Support to Justice Sector Reforms in Ukraine”.
* * *
On 27 September 2016 the Ukrainian Bar Association in conjunction with the High Qualification Commission of Judges of Ukraine held a first round table on the formation of the Public Council of Integrity.
Ukrainian Bar Association will actively highlight the formation of the Public Council of Integrity and intends to participate in its constitution. So keep an eye on our news at our web-site: www.uba.ua.
For more information, please contact UBA Secretariat by phone: +380 (44) 492-88-48, e-mail: email@example.com. Contact person – Olga Lopushanska.