A free Hotline launched by the Ukrainian Bar Association on the second day of the full-scale Russian invasion to help war-affected Ukrainian citizens and businesses has been operating for almost a year now.
In August 2022, we launched a separate Hotline web portal developed with the support of the International Bar Association. Thanks to the new website, communication with project specialists has become faster and more convenient.
During these 11 months, more than 150 volunteer lawyers joined the Hotline and provided answers to more than 5,000 requests. Among them:
- 11% of requests came from the Ukrainian citizens who are staying or were staying in the temporarily occupied territories;
- 14% of requests came from the Ukrainians who were forced to flee abroad and are currently there.
The most common categories of requests on the Hotline are:
- mobilization and military service;
- migration and border crossing;
- social protection and welfare of citizens;
- labor relations.
In addition, more than 20 guides and handbooks were prepared as part of the Hotline. In total, the project covered 16 countries.
The Ukrainian Bar Association invites foreign lawyers to join the Hotline volunteer team. If you wish to advise the Ukrainians who have been granted temporary asylum in your country, we invite you to fill out an application using the link.
You can view a summary presentation about the Hotline via the link.