The Ukrainian Bar Association, with the assistance of the Council of Europe Project "Supporting Ukraine in the execution of judgments of the European Court of Human Rights", has launched a new project "Analysis of Disciplinary Practices of the High Council of Justice".
The purpose of the Project is to carry out a fair analysis of the activities and decisions of the disciplinary chambers and decisions of the High Council of Justice regarding the consideration of disciplinary cases on judges in the context of their compliance with the standards and recommendations of the Council of Europe, systematization of disciplinary practices of the High Council of Justice to promote its sustainability and unity.
Project experts: Yaryna Udala, GR Coordinator of the UBA and Yuriy Dmytrenko, Associate at Sayenko Kharenko, UBA member.
As part of the initiative, experts will prepare analytical reports with the results of the generalization of practice of the High Council of Justice for 2018 and six months of 2019 on its compliance with the standards and recommendations of the Council of Europe.
The main questions to be investigated by experts:
- grounds for bringing judges to disciplinary responsibility;
- disciplinary penalties applied to judges;
- proportionality of imposed disciplinary penalties on grounds of disciplinary liability;
- the occurrence of cases of bringing judges to disciplinary liability for interpreting the law, assessing the facts and evidence in a particular case;
- unity of practice of disciplinary chambers and practices of the High Council of Justice, etc.
У 2018 році експерти Асоціації та проекту Ради Європи «Підтримка впровадженню судової реформи в Україні» Ярина Удала та Сергій Верланов підготували Звіт про результати узагальнення дисциплінарної практики Вищої ради правосуддя щодо суддів за 2017 рік.
In 2018, the experts of the UBA and the Council of Europe Project "Support for the implementation of judicial reform in Ukraine" Yaryna Udala and Sergiy Verlanov prepared the Report on the results of the generalization of the disciplinary practice of the High Council of Justice on judges for 2017.