LUTSK - April 21, 2018. The Ukrainian Bar Association Branch in Volyn Region held a seminar on the "Novelties of Civil and Criminal Procedural Legislation".
Speaker Andriy Grushitsky, candidate of judicial sciences, secretary of the Court of Cassation of the Court of Appeal of the Volyn Region, in his report devoted to the novelties of the Civil Procedural Code of Ukraine, presented the history and background of the preparation of the new Code.
The speaker also analyzed the widespread violations and abuse of procedural rights in the appeal of court decisions; revealed the principle of controversy regarding the establishment of subjective truth in the dispute and paid special attention to the representation in the courts and to discuss the issues of ambiguity of the advocates' monopoly
The participants discussed the consequences of the invalidity of the contract during the alienation of real estate and discussed the issues of types of proceedings and counterclaim.
Lawyer Vitaly Zhukovsky analyzed the novelties of the Criminal Procedural Code and focused on the following issues:
- mistakes of investigative bodies during the search;
- consolidation of the results of the search as a further evidence base;
- recommendations to lawyers during a search to prevent abuse of their procedural rights;
- rights and duties of the key actors during the search;
- fixating the search procedure by technical devices;
- recommendations to individuals bearing the status of a suspect or victim during a search.
The UBA office in the Volyn region expresses its gratitude to all participants, speakers and guests for the interesting information and lively discussion, and also thanks to Irina Romanova, partner of Fortis Legal Company Ltd. and a member of the Board of the UBA Branch in the Volyn region for assistance in preparing the event.