KYIV - September 29, 2017. The High Council of Justice announced a decision to file a submission to the President of Ukraine on the appointment of 111 candidates for the positions of the Supreme Court judges.
Congratulations to the members of the Ukrainian Bar Association, who have been shortlisted as judges of the Supreme Court!
Administrative Court of Cassation of the Supreme Court:
- Volodymyr Kravchuk, member of the UBA Board, judge of the Lviv Regional Administrative Court.
Commercial Court of Cassation in the Supreme Court:
- Anna Vronska, Advocate, public figure.
- Sergiy Zhukov, Advocate, member of the High Qualifications-Disciplinary Commission of Advocates of the Dnipropetrovsk Region, Managing Partner at Neksum Attorneys at law.
- Olena Kibenko, Doctor of Law, Professor, Managing Partner of Kibenko, Onika & Partners.
- Yehor Krasnov, Associate Professor of the Department of Labor Law and Social Security of the National University "Odessa Law Academy".
- Ivan Mishchenko, Managing Partner of the Trusted Advisors.
- Vyacheslav Peskov, Advocate.
Criminal Court of Cassation in the Supreme Court:
- Nadiya Stefaniv, Judge of the Court of Appeal of Ivano-Frankivsk region.
Civil Court of Cassation in the Supreme Court:
- Dmytro Gudyma, Associate Professor, Law Faculty, Lviv National Ivan Franko University.
- Viktor Prorok, Advocate.
We are happy to announce that Valentyna Danyshevska, director of the Commercial Law Centre, who for many years remained a reliable partner of the Ukrainian Bar Association, also submitted for the appointment to the post of Judge of the Commercial Court of Cassation in the Supreme Court.
Congratulations to the newly elected Supreme Court judges! We wish them success towards the establishment of effective and equitable justice and to achieve the goals set before the judges of the new formation - to form a professional, transparent and just, trustworthy and respectful Supreme Court.
Accordingly, we express our gratitude to the High Qualifications Commission of Judges of Ukraine, in particular, to its Chairman Sergiy Koziakov and Commission member Taras Lukash, who are also the UBA members, for ensuring the transparency of the competition process and openness to cooperation.
We also thank Stanislav Shotka, secretary of the qualifying chamber of the HQCJ for active participation in the events organized by the Ukrainian Bar Association devoted to the process of holding competition of judges to the Supreme Court.
The Ukrainian Bar Association expresses its gratitude to the EU Project Support to Justice Sector Reforms in Ukraine and its leader Dovidas Vitkauskas for the significant contribution to ensuring high-quality competitive selection and the formation of a professional Supreme Court.
Taking this opportunity, the UBA extends its gratitude to the members of the Public Council of Integrity, who decently represent the UBA - Andriy Savchuk and Sergey Verlanov.
The UBA expresses its gratitude to the colleagues who took part in the competition, but this time were not included in the list of winners - the member of the UBA Board Maksym Sheverdin and the UBA members Oleksandr Kravtsov, Arsen Milyutin, Andriy Zhuk, Bogdan Monich and others.
Together we have proved that the rule-of-law community can ensure the openness and transparency of the procedures for the formation of key bodies in the country, in compliance with international standards and requirements.